Thursday, February 21, 2013

Welcome to my new blog! With the arrival of our third baby girl approaching quickly I thought I would begin a new blog so I can post all my new ramblings. So for those of you who are new here is a little about my family and what I tend to blog about.

I am Anya and my husband B and I are high school sweethearts, we married on our four year anniversary. About seven years ago we thought it was a little odd that we were so young, not preventing and never had any pregnancies so we began a long journey of tests to find out if something was wrong. After months the only information we had was that there was something wrong and three different doctors told us not to get our hopes up, it might never happen for us. 

Well I do not take no for an answer! Two years ago we were blessed with amazing twin girls, G&E. We counted ourselves very lucky and thought our family of four was complete. Then when the girls were nine months old we got a positive pregnancy test. Over joyed we began the process of preparing to be a family of five. We never expected to loose baby R, it was late in the pregnancy too. We never did get a reason to why our third little baby died, he just left us and went to God. Following a Native American tradition we named him after something in nature. Many tribes believe that children who die in the womb or very young were never meant to be in our world, they always belonged to nature. So we named him River because we were only a part of his journey. Heartbroken we decided that our family of four was enough and began to rebuild our lives. As we all know God usually has different plans. We received another positive pregnancy test, each month crawled by with our little baby thriving and now we are only a couple weeks away from her due date. As you can see my journey to motherhood was long, at times depressing, but in the end it is such a miracle. No one can look at my family and say that it is not truly amazing!

As a family we live a simple and organic life style. I tend to post on mother related topics or themes of "going green" or living simply in harmony with nature. I am HOH (hard of hearing) and as a family we embrace the Deaf Culture and use ASL. For the last 8 years I have been a teacher and the final three years I have been a Professor of American Sign Language at my local university. 

I hope that in these posts I can find a creative outlet for my writing, help those who would like to live a little more green, or just provide a good laugh to other mamas. I am not perfect, but I can promise that any advice I give in my posts is tested by me first. 

So that's me...off to my first real post!


No comments:

Post a Comment